People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State has listed eight companies allegedly owned and being used to siphon the state’s treasury by the Akeredolu family.
This disclosure was contained in a statement made available to the public by the Party’s state publicity secretary, Kennedy Ikantu Peretei, on Wednesday.
Mr Peretei made the revelation in his latest series on Akeredolu’s misrule in Ondo State.
He also said that his party is already taking action to petition the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) about the revelation.
“When l released series 10 of “Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu’s Misrule”, it was greeted with disbelief. Some said it was a fairy tale. Others said Ondo State was too enlightened for such mindless looting. Even the clueless Government Information machinery dismissed me as idle, challenging me to provide the facts.
“Today, l serve only the first course of documentary evidence, independent, authorised search from the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) portal, so that, the doubting Thomases can come to terms with the fact that, indeed, Ondo State is under siege with Akeredolu and his family,” Mr Peretei disclosed.
He said the independent findings revealed that the following companies are owned by the Akeredolu family:
1. Erudit Limited: Every document prepared for Ondo State Government carries Erudit consulting. It is owned and operated by Babajide Akeredolu using a proxy, Ibrahim Ashanke. The Providus Bank, Akure Branch account run by Erudit shows it is all Babajide’s transactions.
2. Pentabon Limited.
3. Egimka Nigeria Limited is used for contracting purposes and has the same Directors as Erudit, Pentabon, and Egimka. The account details of these companies show they are all run by Babajide Akeredolu.
4. Terrenovo Agro solely owned by Babajide Akeredolu is part of the N5.5bn LPG project just commenced by ODSG.
5. CLARIBET CONSULTING LIMITED is owned by Babajide and his mother, Betty. The Secretary is Babajide’s Personal Assistant, Damhindi Msendoo, whose name appears alternately as Director or Secretary of most of these companies.
6. Limerite Limited is owned by Babajide Akeredolu and Ilesanmi Ademola (Brainbox). The Company Secretary is Damhindi Msendoo.
7. PENTAGON MOTUSI LTD is owned by Babajide Akeredolu and Damhindi Msendoo is the Secretary.
8. JAKOVIE ENERGY is owned by Babajide Akeredolu and being fronted for by Damhindi Msendoo as the MD. Jakovie has been awarded a rural electricity project in Ondo State.
“For those who think we are peddling “beer parlour” rumours, it is better to wake up from your slumber to join the rest of us to rescue and rebuild Ondo State. Take your time to glean through the documents. We are not arm-chair critics. We do our due diligence. As critical stakeholders, we cannot fold our hands and allow this to continue,” Peretei declared.
Digging deep by Technocrat Media
In a public search on the companies, TECHNOCRAT MEDIA discovered that Erudit Limited was founded on September 25, 2017, with identification number 1440548. It has its registered address located at No. 123 OKE OGUN STREET, OPPOSITE GTC, OWO, ONDO STATE. Director and shareholders include; Runsewe Yejide A; Akeredolu Babajide A while Nwaokike Ugochukwu J is the presenter.
PENTABON LIMITED Nigeria company. It was founded on August 23, 2017, with identification number 1433700 based on 10 DANUBE, IBB BOULEVARD MAITAMA ABUJA., MAITAMA, FCT ABUJA STATE. Having Omidiran Adedoyin A and Ashanke Olawale I. as directors and Ahunanya Onyedika as the presenter.
Egimka Nigeria Limited was registered on 23 August 2017 with RC number 1433603. It has its registered address at NO. 10, DANUBE CRESCENT, OFF DANUBE STREET, MAITAMA, ABUJA FCT. The directors include; Omowale Ashanke Ibrahim, Adedoyin Omidiran Omoladun Anike, and Abduljalil Musa Abdullahi as the secretary.
TERRENOVO AGRO Nigeria company. It was founded on October 31, 2019, with identification number 3009079. The registered address is located on NUMBER 9 RING ROAD, OLUSEGUN OBASANJO WAY, IBADAN, OYO STATE. It has Akeredolu Babajide as the proprietor.
CLARIBET CONSULTING LIMITED Nigeria company was founded on September 3, 2020, with identification number 1707094 based on 18, BRECAN CENTRE, AKINYEMI WAY OFF RING ROAD, IBADAN, OYO STATE. The directors include; Akeredolu Betty C. and Akeredolu Babajide A while Damhindi Msendoo is the secretary.
LIMERITE LIMITED Nigeria company was founded on September 1, 2020, with identification number 1705471 based on E4, OBASANJO ESTATE, ADO, EKITI STATE. Directors include; Ilesanmi Ade-Ademola, and Akeredolu Babajide, and the secretary is Damhindi Msendoo.
PENTAGON MOTUSI LTD Nigeria company was founded eight months ago, April 27, 2021, with identification number 1787609 based on 180 OYEMEKUN ROAD, OPPOSITE CHAMPION JUNCTION, AKURE, ONDO STATE. Akeredolu Babajide has significant control of the company; ownership – 100%, voting shares – 100%, type of shares – ORDINARY, number of shares – 500000. Damhindi Msendoo is also the company secretary and Amudipe Marcus is the witness, both appointed on 27th April 2021.
JAKOVIE ENERGY Nigeria company was founded on February 17, 2021, in Lagos with its address on PLOT 15, BLOCK 78 AJIRAN LGA, LEKKI, LAGOS STATE. Its identification number is 3303796. Damhindi Msendoo is the proprietor of the company.
Technocrat Media sent a text message to Babajide Akeredolu asking for his personal response to PDP allegations but didn’t respond.