The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has extended an invitation to the minister of interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, following the contract his company got in an alleged N438 contract scam in the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.
The PUNCH reports that CCB said it has commenced an investigation into the alleged breach of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers by the minister.
New Planet Projects Ltd, founded by the minister benefitted from an alleged contract scam from the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.
Although, Tunji-Ojo said he had resigned from the company over five years ago.
A document released on Monday revealed that the CCB invited the minister to appear before its panel on Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at the CCB Headquarters in Abuja.
The CCB document signed by Gwimi S.P, director of investigation and monitoring, on behalf of the chairman of the bureau, Murtala Aliyu, revealed that the invitation is on the premise of its mandate and powers as enshrined in the Third Schedule, Part 1, 3 (e) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
“The bureau is investigating a case of alleged breach of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers in which your name featured prominently. Consequently, you are invited for an interview scheduled as follows:
“Date: Tuesday, 16th January, 2024. Time: 1100hrs prompt. Venue: CCB Headquarters on 5th Floor, Annex III, Phase I, Federal Secretariat Complex, Abuja.
“This invitation is pursuant to the mandate and powers of the Bureau as enshrined in the Third Schedule, Part I, Paragraph 3 (e) to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended. Please be properly guided,” the letter read.
DailyAgent reported that the minister of humanitarian affairs and poverty, Dr Betta Edu had been suspended from office by President Bola Tinubu over N585m contract scam.