Meet one of the youngest member of the ninth assembly in Ondo State, Mr. Simeon Toluwani BOROKINI, Chairman, House Committee on Education, Science and Technology at the Ondo State House of Assembly representing Akure South I. He is in his early 30s.
Mr. Simeon Toluwani Borokini was born over three decades ago into the family of the reverend and Mrs. Simeon Oluwole Borokini (Now Rt. Rev. & Mrs. Borokini, Ph.D.) of Akure South Local Government Area in Ondo State. He is a young Nigerian politician currently serving as the House Whip, one of the principal officers of the ninth Ondo State House of Assembly elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress.
- Chairman, House Committee on Education, Science and Technology
- Vice-Chairman, House Committee on Information
- Member, House Committee on Selection
- Member, House Committee on Women Affairs and Social Development.
- Member, House Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
- Member, House Committee on Natural Resources
- Member, House Committee on Works
- Member, House Committee on Diaspora
- Member, Cash Allocation and Welfare Committee
HIS EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Mr. Borokini had his primary education at Bishop Falope Memorial Day Care Nursery and Primary School which he completed in 1996 while his secondary education was at Saint Mathias Anglican High School graduated in 2002 both in Akure, Ondo State. He later proceeded to Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, Ondo State where he bagged a Bachelor of Arts (Ed) in English Studies. Not satisfied, he is currently studying at Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Osun State for his Masters in English Language. He is also a holder of a Diploma in Computer Data Processing.
In 2007, he obtained a Certificate in Effective Communication and Writing Skills from NUJ, Ogba, Lagos, Nigeria. He also attended seminars and training for Basic Presentation in Broadcasting at Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) and Brand Strategy Masterclass at Orange Academy, Lagos in 2008 respectively.
The lawmaker has received numerous awards from different organizations and institutions in Nigeria which include:
- Active Citizen Award by Junior Chamber International (JCI), Akure
- Recognition Award by Smart 360 Media Hub
- Award of Recognition, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo
- Award of Achievement, Federal College of Agriculture Akure, Ondo State
He is a member of the Association of Nigerian Authors.
Mr. Simeon Toluwani Borokini enjoys public speaking, and events consulting having served as the Managing Director and Chief Responsibility Officer of Utopian Events. He loves to play Badminton, Tennis, and Chess.
He is happily married with a daughter. He could be constructively engaged on legislative and governance issues via email: email@example.com while his constituency office situated at Suite 1, Anglican Women Shopping Complex, Alagbaka, Akure, Nigeria for constituents-related matters.
© Technocrat Media
For the purpose of republishing, please quote the source: http://technocratmediang.com/blogs