Prince Abayomi Babatunde Akinruntan was born to the Royal family of Akinruntan Obateru of Ugboland in Ondo State in the year 1973. Currently, he is a second term member representing Ilaje Constituency I. At the inception of the ninth assembly, Abayomi was appointed as the Parliamentary Secretary and also the Chairman, House Committee on OSOPADEC, the Ondo State House of Assembly.
HIS EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
Prince Akinruntan had his primary and secondary education in Ibadan Oyo State. Besides other educational and technical qualifications obtained from both home and abroad, he holds an LL. B (Hons) in Law from former Ogun State University (now Olabisi Onabanjo University), besides having his BL in view at the Council of Legal Studies. He is artistically inclined and this interest earned him a Diploma in Arts and Design from the Polytechnic of Ibadan. Having successfully completed the one-year mandatory NYSC service, he was given a Discharge Certificate in 2008.
He is a Pioneer Management Officer of Obat Ultra-modern storage facility, the largest in Nigeria and third largest in Africa situated in Apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria. Since 1992, Prince Akinruntan has been actively involved in the private sector. As an Industrial Trainee at Heinemann Educational Books Limited, Ibadan in 1992, he has been actively involved in the day-to-day operations of Obat Oil and Petroleum Limited, one of Nigeria’s major indigenous Oil Companies. Nine years after his apprenticeship as a trainee, 2001 precisely, he became the Operations Manager of Obat Oil, overseeing the operations and logistics at the company’s Head Office and Service Outlets in Ibadan. By February 2003, Prince Akinruntan rose to the post of Obat Oil and Petroleum Limited’s Director of Operations, as a result of hard work, having successfully brought the company’s operations in the oil sector to Olympian heights.
As a Director and one of the Shareholders of Obat Oil and Petroleum Limited including its subsidiaries and sister companies such as Eko Oil Ltd., Theo Oil Ltd, Obat Refinery and Febson Hotels Nigeria Ltd. Prince Akinruntan has vast experience in the Nigerian Oil industry. He has since not rested on his oars. He has participated in a number of training and professional courses both within and outside the country. Chiefly amongst are the Port Facility Security Officers (PFSO) Course and ISPS Code Compliance Training Course in the United Kingdom, seminars and conferences for managers and administrators as well as executives in Nigeria. He is a member of the Youth Ambassador for Peace Award Peace Ambassador in 2009.
In 2006, Prince Abayomi Babatunde Akinruntan was appointed as the Director, Operations for Febson Hotel Nigeria Ltd, an Ultra-Modern Facility in Abuja showcasing a Hospitality Industry, Shopping Mall with State -of –the- Art Gym and Obat Filling Outlets. He is a multitalented young entrepreneur with craves systematic innovations. What enders the most to his admirer is his divested experience in hospitality and tourism.
Prince Abayomi Babatunde Akinruntan has represented the company in many fora, including the supervision of the company’s expansion program in different parts of Nigeria, being involved in business negotiations and acquiring tankers of various tonnage to enhance the speedy distribution of petroleum products in and outside the country. This singular task made him visit the following countries Dubai and Greece. He has also been fully involved in the realization of the Obat Refinery project. As a result of demand-pull, he was in Tunisia (African Development Bank) and met with IFC and AFC members respectively. Apart from being an employee of Obat groups of Companies, his interest in business led to his investment in other businesses which he is their Chairman, those firms include; Princeaando Nigeria Limited (Oil and Gas), Bellefull Integrated Resources Limited, Aando Apartments (Hotels and Towers), De Ark Entertainment and Records and 2110 Oil and Gas. In 2011, he was appointed Group Executive Director of Operation Obat Group before he retired from active politics in Ondo State.
HIS POLITICS AND PUBLIC SERVICE
Prince Akinruntan is one of the few Nigerians who believe in assisting the public and the less privileged, in particular, should be voluntary and an excitement obligation. His love for society gave birth to the establishment of his Foundation: ABA Foundation.
ABA Foundation is a Non-Governmental and Charitable Organization incorporated with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. It is a pet project of Prince (Amb.) Abayomi Babatunde Akinruntan and his friends geared towards tangible amelioration of the economic, social and cultural burdens of the people of Ondo State in particular and Nigeria in general. The Foundation seeks to get appreciably involved in the capital and human resource development of the less privileged in our society through the provisions of Educational, Credit and Social facilities.
He is the Founder and Chairman, the Board of Trustees of the Abayomi Babatunde Akinruntan Foundation. A National Philanthropic Organization that is making waves across Nigeria.
The objectives of ABA Foundation
- To make education accessible through capacity building
- To raise awareness of girl child and women issues
- To inculcate values of honesty, hard work, integrity, discipline, and patriotism in the youths.
- To provide avenues for self-actualization of the underprivileged.
- To educate the community on health-related issues.
- To mentor youths on personal and skills development so as to improve their quality of life.
- To assist in curbing vices such as human trafficking and prostitution amongst women.
- To develop and administer enlightenment mediums on the activities of the Foundation and other humanitarian relief and other efforts.
- To affiliate or co-operate with any other Foundation(s) within or outside the country of Nigeria, having similar aims and objectives with the Foundation.
Through the foundation, Prince Abayomi had impacted positively his Federal Constituency (Ilaje/Ese-Odo Local Government) and Nigeria with the following programs;
- SENSITIZATION of Okada Riders and NURTW for Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency
- The event was witnessed by representatives of FRSC and the distribution of Helmets and C-caution to Okada riders 500 beneficiaries and NURTW 200 beneficiaries.
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
- Primary and Secondary schools in Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency were given textbooks, Note Books, School Bags, Mathematical Set, etc
- SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR STUDENTS
- In 2012 till date over 500 students have benefited from this scheme and their WASSCE through ABA Foundation in Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency was paid for.
- ABA FOUNDATION MICRO FINANCE SCHEME
- 200 Women in Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency benefited from the foundation Microfinance support individually and in various trade groups
- SKILLS ACQUISITION PROGRAMME 2013/2014
- In 2013, the foundation trained and certified 100 youths across Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency in Tailoring, Hairdressing, Welding and Fabrication, Alumaco work etc
- ARTISIAN SUPPORT SCHEME
- The foundation purchased fishing nets and bows for Coastal Fishermen and Traders in Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency
- FOUNDATION YEARLY ANNIVERSARY
- Children’s Christmas Party and Graduation of ABA Foundation Trainees for skills acquisition across Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency come up every December.
- SKILLS ACQUISITION PROGRAMME 2015/2016
– In December 2015, the foundation engaged 250 youths across Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency for skills acquisitions 2015/2016 edition
- VOCATIONAL TRAINING SCHEME (APRIL 2016)
- Over 60 residents in Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency were trained on how to produce Liquid Soap, Perfume, Deodorant, Insecticide, Dettol etc by ABA Foundation
- WIDOWS EMPOWERMENT (JULY 2016)
- The Foundation gave out relief materials and financial support to 105 widows in Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency
- ORPHANAGE SUPPORT
- The Foundation visits Akure Motherless Baby Home and pledged her monthly support. This aside other support is being made in the LAGOS Children Emergence and ORPHANAGE HOME across the Country.
- HEALTH PROGRAMME
- Recently, the Foundation has made moves to partner with NHIS for Ilaje Community Mutual Health Scheme with over 3,000 beneficiaries.
His delights for political aspirations comes to the limelight in 2011 during the General Elections which he was one of the strongest contesting aspirants under the platform of the then Labour Party (LP). Immediately after the election, Prince Akinruntan was appointed as the Director of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB). He remains focused and enjoys support from the constituency for the House of Representative by-Election in 2014 which was ceded to the other constituency by the Party Leadership. Prince Abayomi constituency’s support later earned him the People Democratic Party (PDP) ticket as a candidate for the State House of Assembly Election in 2015 which he won with a wide margin, He is currently a card-carrying member of the All Progressive Congress (APC). Prince Abayomi B. Akinruntan as Member, Ondo State House of Assembly was Chairman, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on Works, Vice Chairman, and Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on OSOPADEC; Member, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on Sport/Youth and Information; Member, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on Judiciary And Public Petition; Member, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on Petroleum And Environment; Member, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on TENDER; Member, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on Finance & Appropriation; Member, Ondo State House of Assembly Committee on Local Government & Chieftaincy.
Hon. Akinruntan is presently the Parliamentary Secretary and Chairman, the House Committee on OSOPADEC and Vice-Chairman, House Committee on Agriculture, and a member of other House Committees. Being a participatory lawmaker, he contributed immensely to the deliberations and successful passage of the Bills listed below:
- A law to provide for the establishment, operations, and functions of the Orange FM station and for other matters incidental thereto or connected therewith.
- A law to establish the Ondo State Agency for Road Maintenance and Construction and provide for its operation, structure and for other purposes connected therewith.
- A law to provide appropriate punishment for the act of Kidnapping and Abduction in Ondo State matters related and incidental thereto.
Prince Abayomi in appreciation of his kind gestures bagged awards from corporate organizations and individuals which include:
- Icons of Progress (ILAJE MERIT AWARD)
- Ondo State Movement for Development Merit Award as Youth Ambassador
- Award of Excellence a Role Model & Choir Patron (C.C.C) Akure Chapter
- Honorary Fellowship of the Institute of Internal Auditors of Nigeria, (FIIAN) (Hon.)
- National Award for Industrial and Business Development (NAIBD) Certificate of Honor for Accountability and Transparency (CHAT)
- Patron Institute of Internal Auditors of Nigeria
- Award of Excellence in Recognition of Support & Selfless Services toward Growth & Development of Humanity in Ilaje Nation.
- Merit Award on Social and Youth Development by Nigerian Sociology & Anthropology Student of Ekiti State University.
- Award of Excellence by National Association of Ilaje Students Adekunle Ajasin University.
- Member Order of (Ilaje) Nation (MOI) by the National Association of Ilaje Students (NAIS) FUTA Chapter.
- Award of Excellence in Recognition of Support and Selfless Services towards Growth and Development of Humanity in the entire Ilaje Nation by (NAIS) OAU Chapter.
- Award of Excellence in leadership in recognition others by Rotary Club of Ilorin District 9125, Nigerian.
- Award of Excellence tagged Icon of Youth Empowerment by Niger Delta Youth Council (National Body)
- Merit Award as the Most Student Friendly Parliamentarian by Students’ Representative Council FUTA Chapter.
- Chairman, the Paradise Hospitality Group (PAHMA)
- Member IBB Golf Club, Maitama, Abuja.
- Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Management Accountants (ICMA)
- Member Institute of Personnel Management
- Member, Civil Society Component of EFCC, Abuja.
- Youth Ambassador for Peace and Member of the Universal Peace Federation and Youth Federation for World Peace.
- Member Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN)
- Alumnus, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State.
- Member, Ilaje Youth Peace Forum
- Electoral Officer of Law Students Association (LAWSA) OOU,
- Member of Law Students Association (LAWSA) OOU, Ogun State. 1992-1994
- Award of Integrity, 2010 by Anti-Corruption Awareness Organization of Nigeria. (ACAON)
- Service of Humanity Award by Rotary Club of Akure District 9125, Nigerian.
- Award of Excellent Service in Humanity by International Association of Lions Club District 404A1, Nigeria Akure Sunshine Lions Club
- Platinum Member, Nigerian Red Cross Society Ondo State branch. 2016
- Humanitarian Service Excellence Award by Trace News Magazine 2016
- Award of Philanthropist Par Excellence by National Association of Ilaje Students 2016
- Award of Honour as the Best Representative at the Level of Empowerment by CLO, Akure South LGA 2015/2016
- Award of Most Hospitable Legislator of the Year by Igbo Political Platform 2016
- Award as Ondo State Legislator of the Year 2016 by Nigeria Union of Journalists, Ondo State Council 2016
- Heart of Gold Award by Sola Opesan Brown & MBE Improver Award 2018
- Community Service Award (CSA) in Administration by Association of Nigerian University Professional Administrators (ANUPA), O.U, AGO-IWOYE 2018
- Chairman, Ondo State Board of Gymnastics Association 2019
He is widely travelled and married with Children. He could be constructively engaged on legislative and governance issues via email: firstname.lastname@example.org while his constituency office situated at Olugbo House Along Jetty Way, Ugbonla, Ugbo, Ilaje LG Area, Ondo State, Nigeria for constituents-related matters.
© TechnocratMedia. For the purpose of republishing, please quote the source: http://technocratmediang.com/